Manifesto of Tshepo Sekese, Candidate for the Office of the Chairperson of Ngwathe Local Football Association – 2021 SAFA Ngwathe Elective Congress
MY NAME IS TSHEPO SEKESE. I am the former Treasurer and Local Secretary of SAFA Ngwathe. I became a Member of the Local Executive Committee of SAFA Ngwathe Local Football Association in June 2011 where I was co-opted as Treasurer owing to an existing vacancy in the Executive structure of The Local FA.
During my tenure as a Member of the Local Executive Committee, to mention but few, I managed to achieve the following:
I registered SAFA Ngwathe Local Football Association as a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) with The Directorate of Non-profit organisations at the Department of Social Development. [163-966 NPO]
I registered SAFA Ngwathe Local Football Association as a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) with SARS Tax Exemption Unit thereby enabling it to qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Legacy Trust Funding and enjoy preferential tax treatment that comes with registering as a PBO with the Tax Exemption Unit. [PBO Number: 930041422]
In 2012 I applied for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Legacy Trust Fund and our LFA received a once-off R20,000.00 grant for admin and/or operational costs and the purchase of office equipment. We were the only beneficiaries in our Region.
In 2014 I was granted a study bursary by the 2010 FIFA World Cup Legacy Trust Fund to further my studies in order to contribute to the further development of football in our country – hence I am so critical when things go wrong in our local Football.
In 2015, through an application I made, we were once more the sole beneficiaries of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Legacy Trust Fund in our Region and our LFA was given Legacy Bags (football equipment). Such equipment was distributed to the teams.
I presided over a successful Under 23 Ngwathe LFA squad that represented Fezile Dabi Region in the 2016 Club Development League whereby we lost in the finals against Mangaung Metro at the Provincial Championships. The list is endless.
Before I left SAFA Ngwathe in 2017, I development a comprehensive document (Strategic Plan) for the Local FA that gives a brief overview of its line of business, an outline of its past achievements, critical success factors and issues facing it, future goals/objectives (strategic direction); implementation strategies; and the operating budget. The document is there, never implemented and is a change changer. If properly implemented, it will change our football landscape and benefit our LFA tremendously.
I later became the Deputy Regional Secretary of SAFA Fezile Dabi Region.
I have served our local football with distinction over the years and continue to do so even
this today outside its structures.
I PLEAD WITH MEMBERS OF NGWATHE LOCAL FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION TO ENDORSE, NOMINATE AND ELECT MY NAME FOR THE OFFICE OF THE CHAIRPERSON OF THEIR LOCAL FA IN THE COMING ELECTIVE CONGRESS.
Article 38.2 of the newly adopted Ngwathe Local Football Association’s Standard Statutes stipulate that a Candidate running for the Office of the Chairperson of the Local FA must have served as an executive Member of the Local structure/body for a minimum of at least five (5) years and in my case, given my current and past roles, I MEET this requirement and believe that I am a worthy candidate to be entrusted with such a responsibility. I am best suited to take this Association into new heights.
I bring with me a wealth of knowledge, with over ten (10) years’ experience within the Sports, Finance and Administration environment – serving at both local and regional structures.
Should I be given the opportunity to LEAD, I promise to bring the much needed change in our Local Football and help achieve the following:
- Membership growth and participation – working tirelessly with my committee, I will increase league participation amongst all the five (5) towns in our Local FA. I would work with the town sport councils and establish the Local Organising Committee (LOC) for SAFA competitions in each town to help break down barriers, which could be causing our youngsters not to participate in soccer.
- Increase Local FA representation or Club participation in the SAB Regional League and further to that help our Region promote ABC Motsepe League team in the coming 4 years.
- Financial stability and growth by increasing level of sponsorships and fundraising
- Increase support to Member Clubs.
- Help the Association have a strong market position.
- Be recognized as a leader in best governance and management in the Region
- To help develop our Referees to the highest possible level as they are integral part of the game of football.
- Unite the five (5) towns to better service our Member Clubs. We are Stronger Together!