By Thys Khiba
QwaQwa – Three children who are siblings died after they consumed rat poison in Bolata village in QwaQwa, in Free State.
“On Friday the 20 August 2021 between 20:00 and 20:30 the police in Tseki, QwaQwa were contacted by Emergency Medical Service Control Room indicating that EMS personnel were attending to a callout at certain house in Bolata Village where three children are alleged to have eaten rat poison and died,” said Provincial Police Spokesperson Brigadier MontatsiMakhele.
According to Makhele, they went informed by the mother, who is 39, that she went to the Tuck shop and left the children, aged 4 to 16 in the care of the eldest child.
“She further alleged that on her arrival, she found NolwaziSelepe aged 4 and Tebello Selepe aged 11 already dead and the eldest child Katleho Selepe was still alive but in pain and passed on when EMS personnel arrived,” said Makhele.
Makhele confirmed that the poison wasn’t found in the main room where the deceased were lying, but traces thereof were found in the outside room used by the eldest son.
Police have registered an Inquest docket and a postmortem will be conducted to determine the exact cause of death.
Makhele confirmed that investigation continues.
This is a developing story. @fscentralnews
DO YOU HAVE A NEWS STORY OR AN OPINION FOR CENTRAL NEWS: E-mail us : email@example.com or Whatsapp us on 083 398 9119