The Government Communication and Information System in partnership with the Department of Communications and Digital Technologies and the National Press Club will host a webinar to look at the impact of cyberbullying amongst the youth.
Bullying is any type of behaviour by one or more persons that cause either physical, emotional or psychological harm to another person or persons.
Examples of bullying include:
- Calling people names
- Hitting, punching and biting
- Spreading rumours
- Threatening or intimidating people
Cyber bullying is an extension of the above and it includes the use of computers or cell phones and social media. (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to embarrass, threaten or cause harm to another person.
Details are as follows:
Date: Friday, 23 April 2021
Time: 10h00 – 11h10
Platform: Zoom (Webinar ID: 927 5068 1894; Passcode: 705584)
- Pinky Kekana, Deputy Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies
- Ms Muriel Mafico: UNICEF Deputy Representative in South Africa
- Phakamile Khumalo, Media Monitoring Africa
- Sarel Robbertse, State Law Advisor at Department of Justice
Social media links: